9/12/09

Letters from the children

I asked some of the children to write a letter to my friends. I thought it would give sort of a glimpse into their lives. They love to share the gospel, and are always telling someone about Jesus. To me, the letters show how the children look at their life at the Village of Hope. Maybe it is not always easy for them, or for their housemothers, but they love it. Here they are:


Dear my friends,
I love you so much. I hope you like to go to church. And do you like school? I like to kick the ball.
How old are you? I am twelve years old. I live in the Village of Hope. I go to school at the School of Hope. My best friend is Isaac. I have four sisters and one brother. I like to wash dishes.
My favorite song to sing in church is “One More Time.” I like church. Where do you stay?
Love, Paul


Paul



Dear friends,
I love you. God bless you. God loves you so much, that He told His son to come and die on the cross for you and me. God wants you to tell a good news of Jesus to every one. I love you so much.
I am ten years old. How old are you? I have three brothers and four sisters. Isaac, Adam, Moses, Selita, Maggie, Docklin, Sharon. I like to work in the garden. My mom is good. Her name is Mommy Rose.
Your friend, Brighton


Brighton



Dear friend,
God protect you. Your best food is what? God bless you and me. Jesus died for our sins but he rose from the grave. He said He will come again to take us to heaven. I pray for you. Jesus is our best friend. I love Jesus. Do you love Jesus? I am thankful for my friend. God must be number one in our work.
Do you like school? Your teacher’s name is what? I am nine years old. I like to help my mother.
Love, Moses


Moses



Dear friend,
I don’t know you and you don’t know me. Come to visit me. I am ten years old. I love you. How old are you? My friend is Sharon Jaula, Mary, Prudence. My Mother is Rose, and my auntie is Doreen. My best thing is to pray. I love to reading Bible. My favorite is rice, chicken. My favorite is school. My teacher is teacher Bosman, teacher Yambayamba, and teacher Precious. I like to sing. My favorite song is “I Want to See Canaan.” God bless you. God kudalisa you! Thankful for the things you did to us. Thank you for praying.
Love, Selita
p.s. you are sweet!


Selita



Dear friends,
I love you. What grade are you? What food do you like? I like nshima, rice and many other foods. I like to sing. I like to sing with Mary, Auntie Sarah, Auntie Iryna, Auntie June, Uncle Alan, Joe, Prudence, Selita, Paul, Isaac, Brighton, Moses, Natasha, John, and everyone else. I like to polish the floors, and I like school. I love church. I like to pray. I love the Patty family! What things do you like?
Love, Sharon Jaula


Sharon



Dear friends,
I love you. God loves you so much. I am eleven years old. And you, how old are you? I want to tell you about God. God is good all the time and go and tell the people about good news. What is your favorite? My favorite is to read and I love school, and to go to church. My name is Prudence.
Love, Prudence


Prudence


If anyone would like to write back, please do. You can post it in the comments section. I told the children that someone would write back, so please do if you have a chance. They would really enjoy it.

13 comments:

Miss Lizzy said...

Wow....What precious Letters!! Ooo.....I wish I could write to each and every one!!

The children are so sweet, and it's so neat how they talk about Jesus! Their faith in God is so beautiful!!

Tell Paul, Brighton, Moses, Selita, Sharon, and Prudence--and ALL of them! That we are praying for them and you, and also tell them "Hi" from their friends in America!

Christ's Blessings,

Lizzy

Denise said...

What wonderful letters showing God's love in these children's lives!! What a blessing all of you are and God loves each and every one of you so much!!
I like to sing and dance!!
I love God and am thankful to have him in my life.
It is my goal to go on a mission trip to Africa next year with my church, to Uganda.
I will keep up with all of you on this blog.

Allison Joy said...

Dear Children,
Thank you for your beautiful letters! I am so happy to meet all of you!
One of my favorite songs is "What a Friend We Have In Jesus".
I like to eat chicken, bread, and fruit. There are 4 girls in my family and our mother is our teacher. We clean the house, take care of our animals, play music, and go to church. We love to learn more about Jesus, and sing songs and pray to Him.
May you all love Jesus more and more every day! I am praying for you!

Allison

P.S. The Pattys have a blog! Yay! I will be visiting often to read your updates :) We miss you, yet we know you are just where God wants you! Love in Christ, A.

Anonymous said...

To all the children at the village of hope,
Just to thank you for taking the time to write about yourselves. We really appreciate the love that each one of you have for the Lord, Jesus Christ. Continue to learn how to read the Bible, this is the most important book you will ever read. It will help you to live your life for Christ, to enjoy each day that God gives you,to obey His word even if it is hard, and to love all the people around you. We will be praying that you all continue to seek the Lord in your youth, so that each of you will magnify the Jesus Christ with your lives.
May the hand of the living God always be over each one of you.
With love for you,
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the father may be glorified in the son.
John 14:13

John Willing said...

Dear Children of the Village of Hope,
Thank you for taking the time to write letters to us, so we can get to know you. I see the LOVE OF JESUS in you!! Your eyes sparkle with His joy. We love the Patty Family and are very happy they and the Hamylricks and so many others are there to be with you. My daughter is Auntie Grace, and she sure loves you all too. She is having a great time teaching you. Have a great day today! Uncle John Willing

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your letters and all about yourselves too. Each of you is different and God is the reason why. Pray for those who need blessings to find their way in life. I have two children, a girl Bethany age 25, and a boy Matthew age 28. They both graduated from college and they are both married and have good jobs. Bethany is going back to college to be an architect. Matthew sells insurance for people's houses and cars. We live in Texas and I have 7 alpacas and 20 chickens. Do you know what an alpaca is? They are like llamas, and are smaller than camels, which they are related to. They hum when they are happy. Do you? Please write more letters soon.

Jim Kramer said...

Greetings children!

Big Jim here sending you all my love and a giant hug! I miss all of you greatly.

I'm currently here in Jaipur,India; working with the children here, then will be going to New Delhi, India where I've been given permission to go into two schools there and tell the children about Jesus. They all send nthier love and are praying for you.

Temperature here is around 100 but much cooler than it was in June when I was here.

Please pray for me and continue to pray as we look to Jesus to return and visit all of you next August and do a 5 day camp!

Remember to always look to Jesus and shine brightly for him. Please give all the Hamelyrck kids a giant hug for me also and my love to the Kamaus.

Praying for you.

Until Every Child Knows,
Big Jim
Matt. 19:14

Jim Kramer said...

HI,
I am Josh.How are you kids?I am from India in Delhi.Pray daily every day, Bye kids, praying for you. Your friend,
Josh. 9 years old.

Hi,
I'm Adhit. How are you kids? I'm 8 years old. I live in India in New Delhi. I like to read the Bible
Reading the Bible makes life easier. You should pray every day because you can talk to God.
Your friend. Adhit. Bye!

Big Jim Here, we are all praying for you. The kids here all send theior love. We will write again.
Matt. 19:14

Unknown said...

Dear Children and Mothers and Auntie,
I greet you in the name of the Lord!. Thank you for your letter. I visited you last year and some day would love to come back. My favorite song is "One More Time". I can still hear you singing it when we went swimming. My favorite food is chicken also.
I always remember you in my prayers.
Love Auntie Jen

Kara said...

Dear Friends, Thank you for your letters of love! You live in a wonderful place with the love of Jesus all around! God is blessing each of your lives! Keep writing us notes! We love hearing from you! Love Courtney, Megan and Miss Kara

Jim Kramer said...

HI

I Am ADHIT AGAiN,your friend.Are you reading the bible everyday and praying daily as I wrote in my letter?WE are also praying for ZAMBIA and for you all.BYE

FROM-ADHIT

HEY GUYS,

How are you,LL?I am your freind
JOSH.I am fine.Do you play BASKETBALL,FOOTBALL,CRICKET OR
RUNNING RACES.Do you read your bible everyday and pray everyday?
Do you guys play on the PLAY PUMP?
I,BIGJIM and ADHIT are praying for
you,LL.

BYE GUYS,

FROM-JOSH

Big Jim here giving all of you a giant hug. We start a new Bible Camp in Delhi on Friday, please pray for the children there to come to know Jesus. We are studying Joshua here. Check out Joshua 1:9

Love you. Sarah, the boys are all praying for you also.

Name on His Hand said...

Dear Paul, Brighton, Moses, Selita, Sharon and Prudence and everyone......
Thank you for the lovely letters!
I want to write each of you individually and answer your very good questions! I agree with the others who noted that your faces GLOW with your love for Jesus and the Father's love for YOU! I am so glad that you have come to know Him ...that makes us brothers and sisters in Christ. I am going to pass along your letters to my children who are ages 13-20 and they will send you special notes through the regular mail at the address that Mr. Patty sent me. Until then, continue on in your faith in the Lord....Obey your mothers and father...especially your Heavenly Father as you read His special word and do all that He tells you there.
And may His spirit be with you and lead and guide you into all good things.
For His glory and your joy,
Mrs. Cochran in Denver, Colorado

PS. Dear Patty sisters who write this blog, I am curious when they mention their "Mother Rose" or an Auntie if they are referring to your family members? Do these children live at the orphanage or at home with their mothers/relatives? The first post about the little girl who was dirty-faced (I forget her name now) made it sound as though her birth mother also lived with you? Or near by? When you have time to respond. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Julie Cochran
mrsrbc@gmail.com

nikki zim said...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures and letters. We have framed pics of the kids on our walls and we pray for them each day. It is wonderful to see them grow and change! Please give them all a hug from us (Dean, Nikki, Sarah, Sydney and Tim). School is busy here and now we have a new puppy named Maya. It is like a circus here!! It was very cold here today -- wishing I was there with you all!